|ITV transmission date||14th October 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Director||Quentin Lawrence (location filming) and Nick Burrell-Davis (studio)|
|Previous episode||9th October 1974|
|Next episode||16th October 1974|
The women laze around on their holiday in Majorca. Deirdre is pursued by Brian Dodds. Emily is eaten by mosquitoes. Bet picks up a property developer, Martin Barrett. Vera doesn't like it when Tricia flirts with Tony Bolton. His father and storeman at the warehouse, Fred Bolton, is pleased that his son has started at the warehouse with him. There's a hold up in the delivery and he has to store a load of leather and suede jackets in the store. Tony is interested and tells a friend Paul Meggitt. To the girls' surprise, Mavis falls for a handsome Spaniard called Pedro. Granny invites Ernie for a meal. Tony steals Fred's store key and gets a copy cut. Ernie and Stan go to an Italian for dinner. Ernie tells Granny he has to work late. Mavis is delighted when Pedro kisses her.
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Vera Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Brian Dodds - Peter Bourke
- Martin Barrett - Stephen Yardley
- Tony Bolton - Terence Macarthy
- Fred Bolton - Donald Morley
- Paul Meggitt - Neil Daglish
- Pedro - Tim Morand
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- Corner Shop
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Office
- The Kabin
- Hotel Playa, Majorca - Poolside, Discoteque, Dining area, Hotel room balconies
- This and the following episode feature the first foreign location filming to be conducted for the programme. There were two main sites used in Majorca: the hotel scenes were filmed at the Ola Hotel Bermudas, Calle de Pinzones, 20, Palma Nova (the latter place-name being specifically mentioned by Bet Lynch in this episode) whereas the beach and bar terrace scenes with Bet, Rita Littlewood, Mavis Riley and Deirdre Hunt were filmed further up the coast at the western end of the island around the resort of Camp De Mar. The terrace is located at the Playa Hotel, Avda. de la Playa, 1.
- Writer Adele Rose travelled with the crew on location in case last-minute rewrites were necessary. Quentin Lawrence directed these film sequences while back in Manchester Nick Burrell-Davis rehearsed and directed the studio sequences.
- TV Times synopsis: Les Girls whoop it up on the Isle of Love…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,550,000 homes (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
Blanche Hunt: "I'm a lazy slut at heart."
|October 1974 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|