Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||21st October 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||16th October 1974|
|Next episode||23rd October 1974|
Fred Bolton tells Tony that the jackets are missing from the warehouse and he suspects Paul Meggitt. He warns Tony he'll have to report it in the morning. Blanche refuses to serve after hours but Billy sees to it. The women return from Majorca. Annie catches the men in the Rovers and blames Blanche. Billy tells her the truth and is annoyed that she's mistreated his future mother-in-law. Paul stops Fred from bringing in the police by telling him Tony is involved. Annie sends Betty to ask Blanche to come and see her. Deirdre thinks Annie should be the one doing the chasing. Emily tries to find out what happened to Bet from the travel agent. She's advised to ring the hotel. The residents chip in to call Spain. Fred tells Tony to get the stuff back tonight. Len is annoyed when Rita spends the morning in bed. He makes Mavis the manageress, demoting Rita. Billy tells Annie they're finished if she doesn't go apologise to Blanche.
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- The Kabin
- Canal Garage
- 20 Victoria Street - Downstairs
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Office
- TV Times synopsis: A rocket for Blanche - and a demotion for Rita.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,450,000 homes (4th place).
|October 1974 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|