Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th October 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Writer|| Julian Roach|
(Credited as "Julian Roache")
|Previous episode||23rd October 1974|
|Next episode||30th October 1974|
Betty contacts the Spanish police for news of Bet. Billy is interviewed by the police. He denies all knowledge of the jackets and suggests they to the owner of the van. Det Con Phillips informs Ken about the missing jackets. Ken, Phillips and Fred Bolton check the storeroom. Deirdre tells Tony about the police investigation. Ken is shocked to learn that Billy is involved. Mavis tells Jerry she doesn't want the job at The Kabin anymore because of the way Rita is treating her and asks him to tell Len. The police interview Paul Meggitt. He says he wouldn't have left the van in the garage with stolen jackets inside. Det Sgt Taylor thinks Meggitt and Billy are working together. Ken tells Deirdre that Billy is with the police. Faced with taking the rap for the theft, Billy tells the police about Fred Bolton and how he found the jackets. He says he kept quiet as he didn't want to get involved. Jerry accuses Len of getting at Rita through Mavis. The police take in the Boltons but they stand by Paul. Billy is told he'll have to spend the night in the cells.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Paul Meggitt - Neil Daglish
- Tony Bolton - Terence Macarthy
- Fred Bolton - Donald Morley
- Det Sgt Taylor - Terry Scully
- Det Con Phillips - John Challis
- Police Constable - Martyn Jacobs
- TV Voice - Gerry Cowan
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway
- The Kabin
- Weatherfield Police Station - Interview room
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Office, storeroom
- TV Times synopsis: Will Billy be set free - and will Mavis escape from her dilemma?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,700,000 homes (2nd place).
|October 1974 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|