Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th November 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||18th November 1974|
|Next episode||25th November 1974|
Ernie thinks Emily will like to give up working but she doesn't know what she wants. Ken and Edward Pollard tell Ivy the retirement issue is because of a cut-back in orders and the alternative is to sack people. She tells them she's calling in the union. Ernie offers Andy Simpson a part-time job. Andy asks for £15 a week as he earned that at his dad's stall at the market. Peggy Barton tells Ivy there's nothing she can do; the union have been asking for a lower retirement age for years. Ivy accuses her of sucking up to the bosses. Hilda goes to put bets on for herself and Stan but puts everything on her horse. Stan is livid when his horse comes in. Ernie finds out from Alf that Andy doesn't work at his dad's stall. Andy admits it was a bargaining tactic and they agree on £10 a week. Ivy accuses Peggy of siding with her boyfriend - Ken. Peggy worries that she'll lose her job if the union thinks her loyalties are divided. She tells Ken that the only relationship they can have is as good enemies.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Edward Pollard - Michael Gover
- Peggy Barton - Lois Daine
- George Barton - Patrick Troughton
- Flo Broadbent - Marjorie Sudell
- Ethel Fox - Gwen Harris
- Andy Simpson - Paul Greenwood
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back rooms, hallway/stairs
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Ken's office
- Camera Shop and Studio
- Barton residence
- TV Times synopsis: The Bishops get a new assistant - and Ken loses a friend.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,450,000 homes (11th place).
|November 1974 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|