|ITV transmission date||27th November 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||25th November 1974|
|Next episode||2nd December 1974|
Emily prepares No.3 for Vernon and Lucy Foyle. Ivy hears on the grapevine that Ken is planning a fashion parade for the new lines and suggests using the staff as models. Ken agrees. Marcus Berlin asks Ken if he gets on with Edward Pollard. Ken admits that they've had differences. Norah Houston tells Emily that the children's father Winston has a perforated ulcer and will be in hospital for a month. Marcus and Sir Julius are in agreement and ask Pollard for his resignation - they think more of Ken than him. Billy advises Betty to fight back at Granny and charge them backdated rent for using Maggie's furniture. She demands £3 a week - £72 in all. Granny threatens to throw the furniture onto the Street. Mavis makes Emily wonder if the Bishops are fostering to paper over the cracks in their marriage. Ernie tells her it doesn't matter if they are as they're still helping children. Ken is touched when the retiring women buy him some cufflinks. He is shocked to hear Pollard has effectively been sacked. Pollard tells him to keep his sympathy. Gordon tells Betty to sell the furniture. Bet agrees to have the settee and sideboard. Ken is uncomfortable with Pollard's sacking but doesn't cause a fuss when Marcus tells him that he could easily have been the one to go. The Foyle children arrive at No.3 to be fostered.
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Vera Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie (Uncredited)
- Marcus Berlin - Peter Dennis
- Edward Pollard - Michael Gover
- Norah Houston - Kristine Howarth
- Vernon - Paul Steven Blidgeon
- Lucy - Andrea Blidgeon
- Flo Broadbent - Marjorie Sudell (Uncredited)
- Ethel Fox - Gwen Harris (Uncredited)
- Edna Gee - Mavis Rogerson (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn – Public/snug and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street – Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop – Back room
- Mark Brittain Warehouse – Ken's office, Marcus's office
- The scene in which Edward Pollard finds out that he's being fired from the Mark Brittain Warehouse closes with a double screenwipe to black, in an unusual piece of editing for Coronation Street.
- Last appearance of Ivy Tilsley until 9th April 1975.
- TV Times synopsis: An arrival at the Bishops - and a sacking at the warehouse.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,087,000 homes (13th place).
|November 1974 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|