Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th December 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||2nd December 1974|
|Next episode||9th December 1974|
Granny determines to find out who "Elizabeth Preston" is. Hilda gives Betty £2.50 for the sideboard but she wants to see how much Bet will offer. Minnie tells Granny that Betty's maiden name was Preston. The Ogdens try to move the sideboard in secret. Bet catches them and sits on it. Hilda goes for her. Jerry stops them fighting. Annie tells Bet to let Hilda have the sideboard or she's fired - to keep the peace. Emily is worried as the children don't want to eat. Carlos tries to get Bet to tell Jerry the phone call was a joke but she can't bring herself to. Jerry gives Mavis the message. She goes to the rendezvous with Jerry following her. Carlos meets her. Granny and Vera give Betty the birth certificate and tell her her secret is safe with them.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Vera Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop - Back room
- The Kabin
- 44 Victoria Street - Bet's room
- Victoria Station, Manchester
- Malcolm Hebden makes one of several pre-Norris Cole appearances as Carlos.
- TV Times synopsis: Whose secret has Granny Hopkins discovered?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,652,000 homes (6th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|December 1974 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Mon 30th|