Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th April 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||25th April 1962|
|Next episode||2nd May 1962|
The search party finds nothing in No.9. Martha finds a mysterious message planted in No.9's letterbox. Elsie and Concepta explore the house during a storm and find food on the table. They are joined by the residents. Len catches someone in the backing.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Child actor Jimmy Ogden playing Billy Makin was the first guest actor to be credited on the programme following the end of the Equity actors' strike
- TV Times synopsis: Despite the disbelief of Len and Harry, the women of Coronation Street, Weatherfield are convinced that something is "going on" at No. 9. They decide to take matters into their own hands.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,383,000 homes (1st place).
|April 1962 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|