Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th December 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||4th December 1974|
|Next episode||11th December 1974|
Carlos tells Mavis about the trick. She feels a fool and is angry. He asks her for a meal and she accepts. Granny assures Betty no one else will get to know her secret. Betty shares her worries with Bet. Rita probes Mavis for info about her night with "Pedro" but she just says it was nice. She's astonished when Carlos calls at The Kabin to check on Mavis. Betty tells Vera about Gordon's real father and that Gordon doesn't know about his parenthood. She's worried that Granny will tell him. Vera advises her to keep on her good side. Andy offers to give Deirdre photography lessons but she's not interested. Jerry tells Ray he saw Mavis meet Pedro. Rita and Mavis keep up the charade to fool Ray and Bet. Gordon annoys Granny by chasing up the stock money.
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Vera Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Andy Simpson - Paul Greenwood
- Carlos - Malcolm Hebden
- Vernon - Paul Steven Blidgeon
- Lucy - Andrea Blidgeon
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop - Back room
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Camera Shop
- Unnamed café in Manchester
- Malcolm Hebden makes one of several pre-Norris Cole appearances as Carlos.
- In an unusual move, a scene of the Hopkins family watching a Western on television features two short sequences from the film playing full-screen.
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis hears about a hoax - and Betty tells an old secret.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,660,000 homes (6th place).
|December 1974 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Mon 30th|