Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th December 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||9th December 1974|
|Next episode||16th December 1974|
Andy Simpson tries to chat Deirdre up, telling her Billy is too old. Vera is forced to tell Idris about Betty and Gordon. Rita tells Carlos that Mavis will see him tonight but Mavis has plans to see Jerry. Betty is worried after learning that Granny has had an argument with Gordon. She phones Gordon to check on him but he doesn't want her involved with the shop. Mavis makes a date with Jerry but drops him when Rita tells her about Carlos. Jerry is upset. Andy asks Deirdre if he can photograph her. Emily can't cope with the children. She feels she's not up to it and is too old to look after them. Ernie tries to arrange a babysitter to give her a break but everyone is busy. Ray and Bet realise they've been had when Mavis walks into the Rovers with Carlos. When Jerry hears he's called Carlos, not Pedro, and thinks Mavis is seeing two other men, Rita spares his feelings by telling him that he's called Pedro Carlos. Mavis agrees to let Carlos cook her Christmas Dinner. Betty hears Gordon and Maggie are arriving for Christmas.
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Vera Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Andy Simpson - Paul Greenwood
- Carlos - Malcolm Hebden
- Vernon - Paul Steven Blidgeon
- Lucy - Andrea Blidgeon
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop - Back room
- The Kabin
- Camera Shop
- Malcolm Hebden makes one of several pre-Norris Cole appearances as Carlos.
- TV Times synopsis: Jerry and Carlos clash in a date mix-up caused by Rita.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,524,000 homes (7th place).
|December 1974 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Mon 30th|