Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th December 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||16th December 1974|
|Next episode||23rd December 1974|
Vera warns Granny to keep her mouth shut about the birth certificate. Maggie arrives and tells Betty that Ron paid for her trip as a Christmas present. Betty tells her that the Hopkins know their secret. She thinks Gordon should be told but Betty doesn't. Annie refuses to back down over Christmas dinner with the Hunts. Vera and Idris out-bid Granny and tell Maggie they'll pay £400 for the stock. When Maggie raises the issue of Gordon's parentage, they promise not to tell him. Mavis is upset that Jerry is so decent about Carlos. The residents expect Minnie's visitor to be Ena. Annie agrees to dinner at the Hunts if they'll have tea in the pub. Ena arrives on Minnie's doorstep but she's expecting someone else. She realises she has no choice but to put Ena up.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Vera Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Maggie Cooke - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- First appearance of Ena Sharples since 27th February 1974 as Violet Carson had been off ill with a stroke.
- First appearance of Maggie Cooke since 10th July 1974.
- Unusually, part two of this episode was recorded on the fifth take.
- TV Times synopsis: Maggie flies in - to face trouble. Minnie gets a visitor…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,444,000 homes (7th place).
|December 1974 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Mon 30th|