Scouser Eddie Yeats turns up and tells Minnie that his friend Jed Stone can't make it for Christmas as she expected and that he is here in his place. Eddie is on parole from Walton Jail and has nowhere to go and she tells him that he can stay. He falls for Bet when he goes to the Rovers. Jerry gets two tickets for Christmas lunch at the Claremont Hotel. Petty criminal Nobby Harris tries interest Eddie in a supermarket raid during a planned blackout after an electricity substation is sabotaged. Eddie doesn't want to know; he wants to find a woman and settle down now that he's out of prison. Blanche agrees to Annie's idea. Hilda is upset when Stan sells her Christmas tree to Eddie for £2. Eddie uses the money to buy the shop's supply of candles in readiness for the blackout.
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Maggie Cooke - Irene Sutcliffe
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, hallway and back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- Viaduct Street
- First appearance of Eddie Yeats.
- No episode was shown on Wednesday 25th December 1974.
- TV Times synopsis: Ena finds that she's not Minnie's only Christmas guest…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,817,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
Eddie Yeats: Do you know - he's really nasty that screw. He's really got it in for Jed. He's very popular in there, you know.
Minnie Caldwell: Oh, well, he would be.
Eddie Yeats: Do you know, I think he went out of his way to trip over Jed's foot, and then he made it look terrible - banging his head all the way down them stairs, just to get at Jed.
Minnie Caldwell: Oh, poor Sunny Jim…
|December 1974 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Mon 30th|