|ITV transmission date||30th December 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||23rd December 1974|
|Next episode||1st January 1975|
Eddie offers himself as a slave to Ena and Minnie for the day. They are surprised that he is a good cook as he makes the Christmas Day meal. The Bishops make the most of the children and are surprised when their father, Winston Foyle, arrives early having discharged himself from hospital. Jerry gives his lunch tickets to Ray and Len and shuts himself away in No.9 as Carlos entertains Mavis. Eddie is shocked when Bet agrees to spend the evening with him. Mr. Foyle takes the children home. Everyone eats so much at Blanche's they have no appetite for Annie's spread. Eddie takes advantage of a sudden blackout to sell the candles at a vast profit. Bet has such a good time at the Rovers in the blackout with a sing-song that she doesn't want to leave with Eddie.
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Maggie Cooke - Irene Sutcliffe
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Nobby Harris - Donald Webster
- Carol Singer - Thomas Sloane
- Carlos - Malcolm Hebden
- Vernon - Paul Steven Blidgeon
- Lucy - Andrea Blidgeon
- Winston Foyle - Duke Ozzie
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- No episode was shown on Wednesday 25th December 1974.
- Malcolm Hebden makes one of several pre-Norris Cole appearances as Carlos.
- TV Times synopsis: Who cashes in on a Christmas Day black-out in the Street?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,000,000 homes (3rd place).
- This episode was included on the Granada and Windsong Video Coronation Street 1974 released on 5th November 1990.
|December 1974 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Mon 30th|