|ITV transmission date||6th January 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||1st January 1975|
|Next episode||8th January 1975|
Mavis doesn't know what to say to Carlos. Bet is annoyed that Eddie stood her up. Annie tells Eddie she'll give Bet the night off if he can come up with a replacement. He talks Blanche into it. Mavis decides to accept Carlos. Big Arthur wants his ham back but Minnie has already started on it. Eddie has to pay compensation and give it all back. Carlos gives Mavis his ring. He tells her they must marry at once as he needs a work permit. He offers her money but she angrily refuses to marry him. Bet and Eddie are just getting passionate when P.C. Sadler of the police arrives and arrest him.
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- 44 Victoria Street - Bedsit
- Malcolm Hebden makes one of several pre-Norris Cole appearances as Carlos.
- Nobby Harris (Donald Webster) is credited but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Mavis say "yes" or "no" to marriage with Carlos?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,550,000 homes (9th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|January 1975 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|