|ITV transmission date||8th January 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||6th January 1975|
|Next episode||13th January 1975|
Albert adopts a pigeon. He calls it Gilbert. Ray tells Jerry that Mavis is getting married. Betty and Maggie realise they're going to have to tell Gordon. Battered wife Lynn Johnson asks Len for help but refuses to go to the police. He tells her that he's willing to talk to her husband but, afraid, she rejects the offer. Having heard from Alf that racing pigeons can be worth up to one thousand pounds, Stan tries to get Albert interested in racing Gilbert and goes in 50-50 with him. Maggie tells Gordon that Betty is his mother.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Vera Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Maggie Cooke - Irene Sutcliffe
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- TV Times synopsis: Will Gordon be let into an old secret - and will Albert keep his new "lodger"?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,850,000 homes (6th place).
|January 1975 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|