Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||13th January 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||8th January 1975|
|Next episode||15th January 1975|
Gordon doesn't know what to think; he's relieved Les Clegg isn't his father but doesn't like the idea of being Betty's bastard son. He decides to go out for a drink. Jerry makes a cote for Gilbert. Albert watches for him settling in to it in order to know that he'll fly back if released. Deirdre tries to give Jerry some confidence in himself, saying that what matters is the person that you are. Maggie breaks down as Gordon returns drunk to celebrate the fact that Les is not his father. He taunts Betty and Maggie. The next day, Gilbert flies back to No.1 when he's released from the Red Rec. Albert is delighted. Gordon is hungover. He asks Betty for details of his father. Betty doesn't name him but tells Gordon the circumstances of his birth and adoption. Maggie points out that Les never used the fact that Gordon wasn't his son against him. Lynn Johnson turns up at the yard with another bruise. Len is amazed that she won't leave her husband. She doesn't want a divorce. Stan and Jerry take Gilbert on a two-mile bus journey and release him. He flies off in the wrong direction. Maggie warns the Hopkins against saying anything about Betty and Gordon. Alf tells Len he's bumped into Janet Barlow at the Town Hall and she was asking after Ken.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Vera Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Maggie Cooke - Irene Sutcliffe
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Coronation Street exterior - Ginnel
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard and office
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- Unknown road
- Final appearance of Irene Sutcliffe as Maggie Cooke.
- TV Times synopsis: Gordon goes on a bender and Gilbert, the pigeon, goes on a training flight.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,600,000 homes (9th place).
|January 1975 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|