Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd May 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||30th April 1962|
|Next episode||7th May 1962|
Len captures Billy Makin, a little lad who tells of how the Black Hand Gang have been meeting in the house. The brewery pass the alterations on the Rovers and Len starts knocking about. Elsie refuses to go on another blind date with Florrie. On holiday, Ken helps Len out in the Rovers. They pretend to have a fight to see Annie's reaction. Elsie discovers that the blind date was a real looker. Len and Ken amuse themselves at the others' expense.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Jimmy Ogden's appearance in this episode as Billy Makin marked the first time since Episode 104 (11th December 1961) that a credited guest member of the cast appeared in the programme. This gap was due to the Equity actors' strike which had ended on 3rd April, although several children had appeared in uncredited roles in the interim.
- TV Times synopsis: A strange partnership develops - much to the delight of the tongue-waggers. Is an old enmity flaring up again?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,269,000 homes (2nd place).
|May 1962 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|