Albert threatens to sue Stan and Jerry for the loss of Gilbert. Janet calls in at the Kabin on her way to Bessie Street School and hears from Rita that Ken doesn't have a woman in his life. Mavis hasn't told anyone about her broken engagement but her behaviour tells Rita all she needs to know. Albert takes a crack from Ray about Stan and Jerry going to Ireland to release Gilbert seriously and demands £1 from each of them. The residents wonder who Lynn Johnson is when Len meets her in the pub. Janet lets herself into No.11 and waits for Ken. Len advises Lynn to keep out of her husband's way. Jerry and Stan look for Gilbert to avoid having to pay Albert. Stan coughs up after a tiring day searching. Rita tells Jerry she thinks Carlos has ditched Mavis. Ken and Janet shock the regulars by drinking together at the Rovers. Lynne visits Len again, sporting a fresh black eye. He grows annoyed at the way she keeps turning up. She refuses to take his advice to go to the police as it would only provoke him. Gilbert touches down in Albert's yard. Ken shares brandy with Janet and they return to No.11.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Coronation Street - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Scenes on the Grape Street set were recorded on outside broadcast video.
- First appearance of Janet Barlow since 5th June 1974.
- A slight timing error occurs in a scene at 9 Coronation Street: Rita Littlewood enters the house and tells Jerry Booth that she saw Len Fairclough and Ray Langton going into the Rovers, despite Len and Ray leaving the house only five seconds earlier.
- TV Times synopsis: Why has Janet Barlow suddenly turned up in the Street again?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,900,000 homes (6th place).
|January 1975 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|