|ITV transmission date||10th February 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||5th February 1975|
|Next episode||12th February 1975|
Mavis worries about what to cook for Alf's guests and works herself into such a state she has to go to bed. Rita takes her place, in a revealing dress. Gordon Clegg arrives and tells Betty that Granny has written him a letter telling him about his mother. Harold and Dawn Digby, Alf's guests, turn out to be very basic and get on well with Rita. Gordon tells Granny he won't be signing the final contract for the shop. Idris and Vera beg him to reconsider and Granny breaks down. Gordon tells Betty he's only frightening the Hopkins. The Hopkins leave in a van at night.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Vera Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Final appearances of Kathy Staff as Vera Hopkins, Richard Davies as Idris Hopkins and Jessie Evans as Megan Hopkins.
- TV Times synopsis: A dinner party…and a moonlight flit.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,900,000 homes (6th place).
|February 1975 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|