|ITV transmission date||17th February 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||12th February 1975|
|Next episode||19th February 1975|
Hilda offers her services in the Corner Shop to a horrified Gordon. Alf gives Rita some perfume as a thank-you. Gordon wants Blanche to run the shop for him. Deirdre thinks it's a great idea. The residents laugh about Alf and the nightie. He is horrified. Tricia and Gail ask Gordon to rent them the shop flat. Hilda pushes Stan to work although he swears he's ill. Alf tells Rita he didn't buy the nightie. Blanche agrees to run the shop. Gordon tells the girls they can have the flat. Stan collapses in the Street after falling from his ladder.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Last appearance of Gordon Clegg until 27th October 1975.
- TV Times synopsis: How will Gordon solve the problem of keeping the corner shop going?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,900,000 homes (5th place).
|February 1975 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|