Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd March 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||26th February 1975|
|Next episode||5th March 1975|
Mavis is on tenterhooks, expecting Len to replace her with Deirdre. Len and Ray ignore Jerry's rota and carry on as normal. The Yard only has one job on for a Mr Wharton. Len agrees to do it whilst the others advertise for new business. Deirdre makes up leaflets for the men to deliver. In hospital, Stan has become fast friends with Ronnie Barnes, especially since he shared his bottle of wine. Len lays on the charm with Mavis, telling her she's his number one employee, which succeeds in mollifying her. Hilda shames the residents for not visiting Stan even though he's not bothered. Tricia and Gail get Jerry and Ray to help them decorate the flat. Bet cooks Len a meal. He's about to leave when he remembers the Yard job but ends up staying with her instead. The Bishops are guilted into seeing Stan but when they get there he's with the doctor. Minnie later visits him as well, bringing him the sports pages. Rita has a rotten birthday as only Terry Bates remembers. Bet doesn't turn up for her shift at the Rovers. Mavis gets a bottle of vodka for Rita as a last-minute present only for Rita to walk in while she's buying it. The residents sing Happy Birthday to her. Billy gives Jerry and Ray ales for doing the decorating rather than Gail and Tricia as they did the work. Mr Wharton cancels the job and gives it to another firm when Len doesn't turn up. Ray and Jerry are furious when they catch him at No.9 having slept with Bet.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rovers Return Inn – Public/snug
- 9 Coronation Street – Back room
- 15a Coronation Street - Bedsit
- The Kabin
- Weatherfield General - Corridor, ward
- TV Times synopsis: Len plays hookey to get cosy with Bet.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,650,000 homes (7th place).
|March 1975 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|