Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th May 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||7th May 1962|
|Next episode||14th May 1962|
The Sunday papers carry reports of Philippa's engagement. Annie is horrified by the reports of fun-loving Philippa. She blames Dennis for introducing them, Elsie for letting Dennis go to London and Jack for driving Billy away. Billy phones to confirm that he is engaged. The GPO decides there are too many "Coronation Street's" in the area and they should be renamed. Ken buys a scooter and shocks Martha by giving Minnie a ride. Frank reveals that there are eight "Coronation Street's" in the district and seven of them have to go.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- TV Times synopsis: The Sunday newspapers are more interesting than usual to the residents of Coronation Street. Another rumour starts - can this be the end of a well-known sign?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,727,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 146).
|May 1962 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|