Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd April 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||31st March 1975|
|Next episode||7th April 1975|
Steve Baker tells a stunned Bet that Martin Downes, her natural son, is dead - killed in action in Northern Ireland. Annie and Betty try to help her but she leaves the pub. Bet considers taking a load of aspirins. Eddie forces Bet to let him into her flat and refuses to leave. He forces her to tell him about Martin and takes away her aspirins.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 44 Victoria Street - Bet Lynch's bedsit and landing
- TV Times synopsis: A soldier brings news of death…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,921,000 homes (4th place).
|April 1975 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|