|ITV transmission date||9th April 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||7th April 1975|
|Next episode||14th April 1975|
Annie has gone to stay at Joan’s. Eddie helps Hilda to clean the Rovers so they can get on the window-cleaning round quicker. Betty tells Hilda that Stan is taking her for a mug. The packing department at the warehouse is put on a three day week. Tricia worries that she will lose her job in the cuts. Len and Ray think Jerry is becoming too homely and wifey. Stan tells Hilda the doctor has given him another sick note. Ivy asks Ken to find out about their job security. Betty wonders if Eddie is helping Stan in order to case houses to burgle. Jerry cooks a nice pie for Jerry and Ray. Ken finds out that Marcus Berlin is on his way up from London and wonders why. Stan tells Eddie the doctor says he can return to work. He doesn't tell Hilda though as he doesn’t think he’s fit enough yet. Marcus fobs Ken off about the redundancies.
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Ken Barlow's office
- First appearance of Ivy Tilsley since 27th November 1974.
- The DJ on the radio that Ray Langton listens to is uncredited although he speaks specially-written dialogue. The music that he plays is the theme to the 1970s Thames Television comedy series Man About The House by Johnny Hawksworth. The children's programme that Stan Ogden watches as he skives off work is the 1970 Granada Television series The Magic Ball.
- TV Times synopsis: Stan and Eddie decide to keep a secret from Hilda…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,641,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
|April 1975 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|