|ITV transmission date||14th April 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||9th April 1975|
|Next episode||16th April 1975|
Ivy and the girls push Ken for news of the redundancies. Jerry enjoys doing the housework rather than the yard jobs. Ivy thinks Ken is stalling her on the redundancies. Betty tells Hilda she’s overdoing it and agrees to keep it quiet from Stan that she’s going to the doctors for a tonic. Billy pokes fun at Ray and Len about Jerry’s housekeeping. Betty tells Stan about Hilda’s visit to the doctor. He starts to panic. Stan offers to take on some of Hilda’s workload. She’s grateful but refuses and insists on keeping her appointment at the doctor's. Marcus Berlin tells Ken that 20% of the workers have to go. Ray tells Jerry that Billy is laughing at his domesticity. He takes offence. Hilda discovers Stan has been signed off. She goes for him in the Rovers. Marcus tells Ken that he’s one of the staff that has to go as they will need less management.
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Ken Barlow's office
- As Ken Barlow takes in the news of his own redundancy in the final scene, Peter Dennis's voice is echoed to create an impression of Ken no longer taking in Marcus Berlin's words.
- Last appearance of Ivy Tilsley until 22nd September 1975.
- TV Times synopsis: Jerry as housekeeper, and Ken as troubleshooter…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,192,000 homes (11th place).
Ivy Tilsley: "There's no such thing as a boss on our side. It's us and them... and you're either one or other."."
|April 1975 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|