|ITV transmission date||16th April 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||14th April 1975|
|Next episode||21st April 1975|
Hilda, Rita and Mavis speculate on Annie’s wedding outfit. Tricia spreads the news that Ken has been made redundant. Albert nags Ken about his tardiness. He doesn’t tell him he’s out of work. Annie returns from Derby with her wedding outfit that she went to Chester specially for. Betty and Bet wonder what it looks like. Annie tells Billy that Joan is delighted at the news of his wedding. The residents react to the news of Ken's redundancy. Ken mopes round the house. Deirdre thinks Ernie’s sample wedding photographs look too forced and unnatural. Rita sympathises with Ken who feels he’s messed everything up. Deirdre thinks there’s too many guests on the list – 34 on Billy's, 18 on hers. Deirdre is pleased at Billy's "cost-no-object" approach to the wedding and the posh place he’s booked for the reception. Annie asks Blanche to come round so they compare outfits. Hilda tells Albert about Ken’s job loss. He berates Ken for not telling him and thinks he should get his life in order by going back to teaching. Annie shows off her peppermint green dress but Blanche’s is the same colour. Ken tells Len he has no idea what he wants to do with his life. Annie tells Bet she won’t change her outfit. The warehouse girls get Ken a pen as a leaving present. Peter arrives unannounced to see Ken, having come from Glasgow on the train by himself. Ken is delighted to see him.
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, hallway and back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- 20 Victoria Street - Living room
- First appearance of Peter Barlow since 25th March 1974.
- TV Times synopsis: A shock for Annie and Blanche over their wedding outfits…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,628,000 homes (4th place).
Ena Sharples: "Weddings hide more skeletons than cupboards and that’s a fact."
|April 1975 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|