|ITV transmission date||28th April 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||23rd April 1975|
|Next episode||30th April 1975|
Billy considers postponing the wedding until he and Deirdre can afford a place of their own. Gail is confident that she'll bag the airline job and starts acting full of herself. Stan and Eddie start their window cleaning partnership. Ken's interview clashes with the Manchester United match. Peter is disappointed and starts to miss Glasgow. Annie tries to bully Blanche into going along with her wedding ideas but Blanche doesn't mind anyway. Annie is shocked to learn that Deirdre and Billy won't be living with her. Now on equal footing with Stan, Eddie tries to crack down on his partner's pub breaks. Deirdre shows interest in the shop flat should Gail and Tricia leave. Peter is upset when the local boys exclude him for being Scottish. Victorious, Annie re-offers Billy and Deirdre a room at the Rovers. Stan and Eddie make a profit on the new estate. Tricia and Gail throw a party to celebrate Gail's success at the airline. Billy plans to ask Len to be his best man, ignoring Annie's preference of Ken. Ken doesn't get the job with the publishers. He agrees to take Peter home and sort out his school. Deirdre and Billy attend the girls' party to check out the flat but leave when Ray turns up. Eddie and Stan find damage to the back gate of No.13 and a sign which reads "Lay off the Parkway Estate or this will happen to your head. Henshaw Bros". Stan is scared of what Bert and Fred Henshaw could do to them.
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 15a Coronation Street - Bedsit
- The Kabin
- 20 Victoria Street - Downstairs living room
- Albert Tatlock (Jack Howarth) is credited but doesn't appear.
- Last appearance of Peter Barlow until 22nd August 1977 and final appearance of Linus Roache in the role. The role was taken over by Joseph McKenna in his next appearance.
- Part of the outer shell of the Rovers Return was built in studio for this episode so that Eddie, Hilda and Stan could carry out a conversation as they entered the establishment.
- TV Times synopsis: A hole in the door brings a sinister warning to the Ogdens…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,331,000 homes (9th place).
|April 1975 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|