|ITV transmission date||14th May 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||9th May 1962|
|Next episode||16th May 1962|
Annie grows hysterical over not hearing from Billy. The Council announces the Street is definitely to be renamed and called Florida Street. Billy and Philippa travel up from London. Nellie and Stanley return to Len. Albert starts a petition for the Town Hall. Annie breaks down when Jack reminds her that she isn't a lady herself. Annie feels her whole world is collapsing around her.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- First appearance of Billy Walker since 2nd August 1961.
- TV Times synopsis: An old-young friend returns to the Street bringing with him a glamorous talking-point.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,958,000 homes (1st place).
|May 1962 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|