|ITV transmission date||30th April 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||28th April 1975|
|Next episode||5th May 1975|
Albert says that he will miss Peter now that Ken has taken him back to Glasgow. Deirdre is jealous of Gail's chances with the airline. Alec Gilroy tells Rita he's gone into theatrical management and wants her to return to singing. Eddie spends the £20 profits on an Alsatian guard dog called Fury. Albert boards the animal at No.1 "for a consideration". Ray and Jerry refuse to employ Fury at the Yard to protect some copper piping. Eddie breaks in and leaves a message that they need a guard dog. Billy worries that Deirdre is having second thoughts. She tells him that she feels unsettled.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- First appearance of Alec Gilroy since 28th June 1972.
- TV Times synopsis: The path of true love starts running rough for Billy and Deirdre.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,665,000 homes (4th place).
|April 1975 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|