Emily tries to get Stan and Eddie to move their piano but they make excuses. Jerry offers his assistance and shames Eddie into helping. Blanche nags Deirdre into getting her bridal head-dress. Jerry mentions that the yard is full of copper piping. Albert says that he will miss Peter now that Ken has taken him back to Glasgow. Eddie finds Stan skiving in the Kabin cafe. Eddie feels he's got a good idea coming to him. Deirdre is jealous of Gail's chances with the airline. Ray thinks she's getting cold feet about marrying Billy. Minnie and Albert bicker over whose turn it is to buy drinks. Alec Gilroy drops into the Rovers and bumps into Rita. Stan wonders where Eddie is with their £20 round money. Ray tries to wind up Billy about Deirdre. Alec tells Rita he's gone into theatrical agency management and wants her to return to singing. She's intrigued by the thought. Eddie brings an Alsatian guard dog called Fury into the Rovers. It's a guard dog he's bought with the £20 to rent out. Minnie refuses to have him in No.5 and Annie bars him from the pub. Albert agrees to board the animal at No.1 "for a consideration", happy at the thought he'll chase Bobby away. Ray and Jerry refuse to employ Fury at the yard for £5 a night to protect the copper piping. Ernie is pleased at the piano move. Mavis suggests that he could help Rita rehearse. Emily isn't pleased at the idea. Annie worries that Billy is depressed about Deirdre. Eddie breaks into the yard with ease and leaves a message on the typewriter that they need a guard dog. Deirdre is sharp with Billy. He worries that she is having second thoughts and she admits that she feels unsettled. He tells her to sort herself out.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- The Kabin
- Fairclough, Langton and Booth - Yard and office
- 20 Victoria Street - Living room
- First appearance of Alec Gilroy since 28th June 1972.
- The scene on the Grape Street set was recorded on 16mm film.
- TV Times synopsis: The path of true love starts running rough for Billy and Deirdre.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,665,000 homes (4th place).
|April 1975 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|