|ITV transmission date||5th May 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||30th April 1975|
|Next episode||7th May 1975|
Deirdre tells Blanche she doesn't know what she wants from life. Ray and Jerry see that Eddie is right and rent Fury £5 for a week. Mavis suggests Rita practices her songs with Ernie. Rita is amazed that Ernie can really swing. Billy tells Deirdre to make up her mind if they're getting married in nineteen days or not. Rita tells Alec Gilroy she'll work for him. Billy tells Annie and Blanche that the wedding is off.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- This was the final episode of the programme directed by Bill Podmore prior to him beginning his record-breaking run as producer of the programme with Episode 1572 (9th February 1976).
- TV Times synopsis: Billy and Deirdre come to a crucial decision…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,946,000 homes (13th place).
Deirdre Hunt: "What am I doing? I'm popping round corner to get wed. Then we'll pop round next corner, find somewhere to live. Then it'll be round next, taking kids to school."
|May 1975 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st|