|ITV transmission date||4th June 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||2nd June 1975|
|Next episode||9th June 1975|
Betty and Bet look after the pub. Len tries to stop Jerry moving in with Betty. Ken gets a job but is evasive as to what it is. Emily is annoyed when Ernie is chosen to be on the WARP committee and she isn't. Rita is surprised when Ken turns up in a taxi - his new job is as a cab driver.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Due to the 1975 ITV Strike continuing at Scottish Television until Monday 9th June, this episode was transmitted in that region on that date at 7.30pm, gaining another 410,000 homes watching, after Episode 1497 had been shown at 5.30pm on the same day. Episode 1499 (9th June 1975) was transmitted in the programme's usual slot on Wednesday 11th June and the episode that the rest of the country saw at that time (Episode 1500) was transmitted by STV on Thursday 12th June, enabling viewers in the region to catch up with the rest of the country.
- TV Times synopsis: Ken creates a bit of a mystery about his new job.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,533,000 homes (4th place).
|June 1975 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|