|ITV transmission date||11th June 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||9th June 1975|
|Next episode||16th June 1975|
Mavis organises a trip to the Gatsby Club to see Rita sing. Rita lends Hilda a dress so that she can go to the Gatsby. Ernie discovers the Council has bought eight tractors which haven't been used. They were very expensive and were bought from the brother of a Councillor. Len, Deirdre, Ray, Mavis, Jerry, Alf, Blanche, Bet, Ken and Hilda go to the Gatsby. Deirdre is embarrassed to see Maurice Gordon there. He is all over her. Ernie arranges an interview on local radio to tell residents about the tractors. Maurice tries to force Deirdre to dance with him. When she resists Ray tells him to stop and throws him to the floor.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Harry Goulden - Barry Lowe
- Alfredo - Jack Platts
- Ralph Lancaster - Kenneth Watson
- Maurice Gordon - Ray Lonnen
- This episode saw the debut of the programme's fourth, and shortest-lived, title sequence.
- TV Times synopsis: When the Rovers' regulars have a night out Ray is involved in a fight over Deirdre.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,196,000 homes (6th place), however this figure includes 530,000 homes in Scotland that were watching the previous episode (see next note).
- Due to the 1975 ITV Strike continuing at Scottish Television until Monday 9th June, this episode was transmitted in that region on Thursday 12th June at 6.30pm, gaining another 610,000 homes watching. On 11th June viewers there had seen Episode 1499 at the usual 7.30pm time while Episodes 1497 and 1498 had been transmitted at 5.30pm and 7.30pm respectively on 9th June. In the Border Television region, this episode was transmitted on Thursday 12th June in the programme's usual 7.30pm timeslot, Episode 1499 having been transmitted in the Wednesday 11th June 7.30pm timeslot and not shown on Monday 9th June. This was due to a dispute at the station which began on Thursday 5th June when staff received a management letter saying they would not be paid for the former strike period when a national agreement with the ACTT had said otherwise. Staff returned to work on Tuesday 10th June. During the same period there were technical problems in the same region with a burnt-out component affecting viewers in the Solway area who received pictures from the Caldbeck transmitter which consequently was only running on quarter power.
|June 1975 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|