|ITV transmission date||23rd June 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||18th June 1975|
|Next episode||25th June 1975|
Ray and Len, working at the Rovers, nick drinks for themselves, Alf and Eddie before discovering Annie has marked the optics. Len tops them up with water. Annie is warned that the Custom and Excise man is expected. Ray buys replacement bottles of spirits. Len drops out of the Torquay trip and the radio station issues an apology so Ernie won't be sued. The men have to drink all the spirits so Betty can change the optics. They get completely drunk, forcing the drink down. Deirdre is furious when they force Bacardi down Tricia and make her ill. Annie is astonished by the drunks. Deirdre points out that Betty doesn't need the replacement bottles. Before she can return them to Len, Annie finds them and uses them. In Rita's absence, Mavis orders two gross of tights from salesman Les Buckley. Betty and Annie see the same glasses on the bar again. A customer, Barney Gardner, claims them.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Eric Prytherch returned as producer for a two-episode stint with this and the next episode.
- Due to recordings being cancelled due to the 1975 ITV strike, no episodes with the Production codes P694/503, P694/504 or P694/505 were ever made. The previous episode was therefore numbered Episode 1502.
- TV Times synopsis: A drinking session with nothing in particular to celebrate…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,484,000 homes (4th place).
Alf Roberts (drunk): "How are the fighty mallen."
|June 1975 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|