|ITV transmission date||21st May 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||16th May 1962|
|Next episode||23rd May 1962|
Billy and Philippa return at 3.00am. Esther announces she's leaving the Street to live in Moor Lane. Len and Ken become preoccupied with Philippa. She sets a sunlamp up in the living room. Whilst Billy repairs the car, Ken entertains her. The lamp burns the table cloth and in the confusion that follows, Annie discovers Philippa with her arms around Ken.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- First appearance of Esther Hayes since 6th December 1961 due to the Equity actors' strike.
- TV Times synopsis: Glamour, in the shapely form of Philippa, is still the Street's No. 1 topic. Kenneth's visit to the Rovers comes to an unfortunate climax.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,734,000 homes (2nd place).
|May 1962 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|