|ITV transmission date||7th July 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Writer||Julian Roach (Credited as "Julian Roache")|
|Previous episode||2nd July 1975|
|Next episode||9th July 1975|
Blanche is amazed by Deirdre's calmness and still not happy by the make-do way in which the event is being held - or her daughter's choice of husband. A hungover Ray tries to sober up and is annoyed that Len got him drunk at the stag night. He also doesn't like the way Len is taking him over. Len remembers his own disastrous stag night and tells Ray he slipped him the mickey he'd seen him prepare for Jerry. Blanche is upset that Deirdre is getting married in her work suit and not the dress she spent so long making. Rita gives her the present of a cookery book. Deirdre forgot to book a photographer. Annie tells Bet and Hilda that she thinks Deirdre is unstable. Hilda thinks there's more to the hurried arrangements than meet the eye. Len plans a reception in the Rovers and pays a reluctant Annie. Hilda doesn't want Stan to drink as he has his hospital check-up but he ignores her. Deirdre asks Rita to the ceremony at the last minute. Blanche gets Ernie to take photographs. She finds out about Len's arrangements for a reception. The menfolk set off and arrive at the register office by taxi. Deirdre and Rita's breaks down and they are almost late. Blanche and Len are witnesses and Jerry and Rita look on as Ray and Deirdre are married, while Annie prepares the hurried reception. After, Len tells them what he has planned but Deirdre says a firm no. Stan is impatient at the hospital, wanting to get to the reception. Deirdre goes to the Rovers under protest and the regulars toast the Langtons with champagne. Bet and Annie present them with a wedding cake.
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Nurse - Corinne Skinner-Carter (Credited as "Corinne Skinner")
- Registrar - Keith Clifford
- Bride's Father - Kenneth Hastwell
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 20 Victoria Street - Living room
- Weatherfield General - Examination cubicle
- Weatherfield Register Office - Foyer, marriage room and exterior
- The scenes outside the Rovers were videotaped in studio while the 16mm location filming outside the registry office was conducted at Platt Hall on the northern side of Platt Fields Park, Wilmslow Road, Rusholme, Manchester.
- A prospective bridegroom in the register office is uncredited although he has a short line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Wedding day for Deirdre and Ray…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,650,000 homes (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|July 1975 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|