|ITV transmission date||30th July 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||28th July 1975|
|Next episode||4th August 1975|
Albert prepares for his eightieth birthday. Donna gives the money back to Alf. He refuses it. The Ogdens put their window-cleaning prices up 50%. Annie is the only customer willing to pay. Donna puts Alf off taking her to the Rovers. She goes to look at the shop and visit her mother. Stan sets Hilda up to clean Ken's cab. Alf discovers Donna has left him.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- TV Times synopsis: Alf gives Donna a gift - and gets a shock in return.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,572,000 homes (9th place).
Emily Bishop: "I've always wanted to be stormy, passionate and tempestuous. But you can't be. Not when you're born with a tidy mind."
|July 1975 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|