|ITV transmission date||4th August 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||30th July 1975|
|Next episode||6th August 1975|
Ena returns from St. Anne's to check up on Minnie. The residents feel they should lay something on for Albert's upcoming eightieth birthday. Ena finds Minnie is away at Handel Gartside's. The residents plan a party for Albert but he tells Ken he's going to Glasgow. Albert feels nobody likes him and locks himself in No.1. Beattie Pearson arrives but he refuses to talk to her. Albert can't afford the fare to Glasgow. No one wants to put Ena up. Len suggests a Street party for Albert. Ena reminds Annie that the Rovers is an inn and tells her she's moving in.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of William Roache in the role of Ken Barlow.
- TV Times synopsis: Where will Ena find new digs?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,656,000 homes (9th place).
|August 1975 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|