|ITV transmission date||6th August 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||4th August 1975|
|Next episode||11th August 1975|
Tricia and Gail keep Albert occupied as the residents dress the Street by sitting with him in No.1 and pretending that they're interested in hearing about the First World War. Ernie faces jail if he doesn't pay his rates. Hilda flies a Union Jack from her bedroom window as part of the decorations. When he is summoned to his front door, Albert is astounded by the Street party. Rita is furious when Len kisses her. She refuses to start it all again. A bugler plays "Cookhouse Call" for Albert as Major Blake turns up from the local army depot to wish Albert well along with his old mates Walter Crombie and Fred Brigginshaw turn up. Beattie Pearson is also a guest. The party moves into No.11 where the residents have a sing-song and a whip round to get Albert's Glasgow rail fare together. A touched Albert enjoys the day.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Beattie Pearson - Gabrielle Daye
- Major Blake - Ralph Mason
- Fred Brigginshaw - Eirwyn Davies (Credited as "Eirwynn Davies")
- Walter Crombie - Michael Atha
- Bugler Kevin Stacey - John Barclay (Credited in "TV Times" but not on screen)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of William Roache in the role of Ken Barlow.
- The scenes on the Grape Street set were recorded on 16mm film.
- TV Times synopsis: Surprise guests at the street party for Albert's 80th birthday.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,088,000 homes (5th place).
|August 1975 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|