Ena reorganises Annie's life. Ray considers building a house. Ken fills in a questionnaire for a computer dating agency to humour a taxi customer. Ena hates being idle and being hampered by old age. She packs and leaves the Rovers. Rita fills out a dating questionnaire and tries to interest Mavis. Ena dumps herself on Tricia and Gail. She "helps" Tricia keep her rollers in place by giving her one of her hairnets to wear. Ken tells the men about his computer pairing. He tells them he might arrange to meet 'Mavis Armitage'. Rita overhears and guesses that Mavis is Miss Armitage.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, hallway and back room
- Corner Shop flat
- Builder's Yard and office
- The Kabin
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of William Roache in the role of Ken Barlow.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail and Tricia get an unlikely lodger…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,802,000 homes (11th place).
|August 1975 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|