Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th August 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||25th August 1975|
|Next episode||1st September 1975|
Betty decides to stand with Ernie and not pay the rates but the Bishops have already paid up. The Ogdens have no money to pay theirs. Len tells the police about Alf's trouble. Hilda tells Eddie Royle of the Gazette she's standing against the rates, only to discover everyone else has paid theirs. Alf refuses to give the police Donna Parker's name. They think he's got a fraud case against her. They find out who she is via the GPO. She tells them the money was a gift. Ray converts the house. The Council suggests the Ogdens apply for benefit. Hilda refuses to have a means test. Rita rings Len to say that she's worried about Mavis' whereabouts; she hasn't been seen after another date.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- TV Times synopsis: What happens when the police take a hand in the Alf Roberts and Donna Parker affair?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,435,000 homes (10th place).
|August 1975 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|