Hilda finds a letter they've received threatening legal action if the rates aren't paid. Annie chooses new kitchen sink fittings from Len. Alf tells Len to forget what he told him about Donna Parker and not interfere in his business. Len rings his contact, Det Sgt Taylor, and arranges to meet him in the Town Hall instead of the Rovers. Betty decides to stand with Ernie and not pay the rates but the Bishops have already paid up. Len meets Taylor and tells him about Alf's trouble without wanting to mentioning his name but Taylor guesses who it is. Mr Stanton of the council calls at No.13 to discuss the rent arrears. Refusing to let him in, Hilda berates him in the street in front of a crowd of cheering warehouse workers as newspaper man Eddie Royle photographs them. On a roll, she leads them into the Rovers for a picture of all the rates' rebels, only to discover everyone else has paid theirs. Len summons Alf to the Town Hall where he's annoyed to see Taylor. He refuses to give him Donna's name. Ray converts Blanche's house into two separate flats. Taylor think he's got a fraud case against Donna but Alf doesn't want to push the matter. Stan thinks something will turn up. The Bishops apologise to the Ogdens for leading them along and embarrassing them. Stanton calls back and suggests the Ogdens apply for benefit but Hilda refuses to have a means test. Jerry offers help with the flat conversion plumbing. Taylor find out who Donna is via the GPO. She tells them the money was a gift. Taylor tells Len they'll keep an eye on her. Rita rings Len to say that she's worried about Mavis's whereabouts; she hasn't been seen after having a date on Saturday.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- 20 Victoria Street - Upstairs flat conversion
- Weatherfield Town Hall - Committee meeting room
- The scene on the Grape Street set was recorded on 16mm film.
- TV Times synopsis: What happens when the police take a hand in the Alf Roberts and Donna Parker affair?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,435,000 homes (10th place).
|August 1975 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|