|ITV transmission date||8th September 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||3rd September 1975|
|Next episode||10th September 1975|
Deirdre spends the night at Blanche's. She is annoyed when Ray cleans the flat up to show her up. Eddie tries to get the burn mark off the table with sandpaper. Deirdre and Ray act cool towards each other. Eddie makes a mess of the table, Len has to mend it and charges Eddie £2 for the labour. Deirdre makes up with Ray thinking he has mended the table. Eddie has been casing houses for Monkey Gibbons to burgle. He decides to give it up and tells Stan his doctor has said his chest can't stand all the fresh air so he can't help him anymore. He considers working at the Yard as a chippie. Ken is astonished when a fare turns out to be Janet Barlow. He helps her get rid of her lover, Vince Denton.
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back rooms
- Builder's Yard
- 20 Victoria Street - Upstairs, downstairs
- Unnamed club
- Unnamed street
- First appearance of Janet Barlow since 3rd February 1975.
- TV Times synopsis: Just what is the plot going on between Eddie and "Monkey" Gibbon?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,200,000 homes (17th place).
|September 1975 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|