|ITV transmission date||28th May 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||23rd May 1962|
|Next episode||30th May 1962|
Lucille is unusually helpful about the house. Ena receives a letter from the Palace telling her that her complaint has been noted. Annie tries to dissuade Billy from marrying Philippa. Lucille secures Ena's silence by running errands for her but Harry discovers about her antics and bans her from seeing Philippa. Philippa is upset to discover her rival has landed a part in a film. A stranger, Matilda Grimshaw, hunts Ena down.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- TV Times synopsis: A strange lady appears in the Street with the light of battle in her eyes.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,738,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 153).
|May 1962 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|