Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th September 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||22nd September 1975|
|Next episode||29th September 1975|
Rita is furious when she has to make up the papers. Mavis tells her that she's not her slave. Rita threatens to sack her. The lads tip rubbish over Ken's backyard. Rita asks Len to sort militant Mavis out. Mavis tells Len how often she works a twelve hour day and he realises Rita is taking her for a mug. Ken tells Kevin Marsh to break the chain before he ends up in Borstal. The lads let Ken's tyres down so he can't work. Len tells Rita either to pay Mavis £2 a week out of her earnings or find another job. The Marshes threaten to have Ken charged with assault for hitting their boys whilst the lads set about wrecking No.11.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Chris Ashton - Bryan Sweeney
- Bernie Marsh - Sean Flanagan
- Kevin Marsh - Kevin Moreton
- Edna Gee - Mavis Rogerson
- Mrs. Marsh - Pat Wallis
- Mr. Marsh - Peter Kerrigan
- Coronation Street exterior - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and yard
- Corner Shop
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Loading bay
- The Kabin
- Douglas Marsh's flat
- TV Times synopsis: Ken is on the receiving end of a vendetta.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,200,000 homes (20th place).
Albert Tatlock: "You know... the trouble wi' you Ken is... that yer too soft. You look at life through rose-coloured specs, and you'd even go and bury yer 'ead completely in't sand if there was summat you didn't even want to see."
Ken Barlow: "You know... we're all too ready to go baying out for the blood of the younger generation, as if they're some... some monstrous mutation that sprung up and got nothing to do with us. I mean look, we don't stand back, do we? and look at the corrupt, collapsing, unprincipled world that we provided them with and think that might just have something to do with it."
|September 1975 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|