Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th September 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||24th September 1975|
|Next episode||1st October 1975|
Ken is horrified at the state of No.11 when he arrives back home. An angry Rita refuses to give Mavis any money. Ken shows Douglas Marsh the house. Marsh offers him £30 to keep quiet but Ken makes him see that the boys have to be sorted out. Edna Gee celebrates her fortieth birthday. Ena helps clean up No.11 for Ken, roping Ivy, Edna, Tricia and Gail into the task. The lads consider running away after Mr Marsh tries to lay into them with a belt but is stopped by an appalled Ken. Jerry tells Rita that she's cruel, bullying and ungrateful. The Tilsleys and the Gees go out. Edna isn't pleased when her husband Fred flirts with Ivy. Rita has enough of everyone getting at her and decides to leave the area. The lads seek refuge for the night away from their father in the warehouse storeroom where Kevin Marsh leaves a cigarette burning.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Kevin Marsh - Kevin Moreton
- Chris Ashton - Bryan Sweeney
- Bernie Marsh - Sean Flanagan
- Edna Gee - Mavis Rogerson
- Jack Tilsley - Bert Gaunt
- Mr Marsh - Peter Kerrigan
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Storeroom
- The Kabin
- Douglas Marsh's flat
- First appearance of Fred Gee.
- Four years before the introduction of Peter Dudley as Bert Tilsley in Episode 1881 (29th January 1979) as the husband of Ivy, this episode and several others at this time speaks of "Jack" as being her husband and the character appears in this episode and the next played by Bert Gaunt. The change of the character and actor was made in the late 1970s as fellow factory worker Vera Duckworth constantly spoke of her husband also being called Jack in the interim.
- TV Times synopsis: Rita replies to Len's ultimatum with one of her own…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,545,000 homes (17th place).
|September 1975 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|