|ITV transmission date||8th October 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||6th October 1975|
|Next episode||13th October 1975|
The Street is still closed off as something in the warehouse let off gas when it burned. Ray invites Ken and Len to stay at Blanche's. Hilda hears their conversation and she, Stan, Ena, Minnie, Tricia and Gail descend on the Langtons. Deirdre refuses to let anyone in the flat so everyone else battles for space downstairs. Emily is upset that no one is using the facilities at Bessie Street School. Hilda thinks Tricia and Gail are gossiping about her when they talk about the street being fumigated before realising her mistake and saying that the Corner Shop was fumigated. Bet turns up at Blanche's to get the refugees in a party mood but everyone is worn out. The fire reminds Ken of Val's death. Tricia and Gail worm their way into the Langtons' flat. In the morning, Minnie goes looking for missing Bobby. Ginny Spencer allows credit at the New Old Inn as the residents are refused entrance to the Street. Ray gives Deirdre the afternoon off to make it up to her. Tricia and Gail realise they won't get redundancy money. PC Lyle tells Len that the Rovers' cellar is flooded and the fire brigade are going to pump it out. Annie is horrified when he passes the news onto her.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ginny Spencer - Rosemary Martin
- Tracey Spencer - Noreen Kershaw
- Kim Spencer - Barbara Waddington
- PC Lyle - Lloyd McGuire
- Coronation Street
- 20 Victoria Street - Downstairs living room, upstairs living room and bedroom
- Bessie Street School - Classroom
- New Old Inn
- The Radio Announcer (Antony Coupe) is credited but doesn't appear.
- Noreen Kershaw, future director for the programme, appears before the cameras as Tracey Spencer, daughter of the landlady of the New Old Inn.
- TV Times synopsis: Where will the evacuees bed down for the night?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,348,000 homes (19th place).
|October 1975 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|