|ITV transmission date||30th May 1962 (Wendesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||28th May 1962|
|Next episode||4th June 1962|
Billy and Philippa break off their engagement as she wants to return to beauty contests. When Mrs. Grimshaw insults Minnie, Ena challenges her in the Rovers. Mrs. Grimshaw tells her that the Council have decided that her "Coronation Street" is to remain, with its fifty-four houses. Ena refuses to drop the fight and sends Mrs. Grimshaw off with a flea in her ear to the applause of the residents. Philippa leaves for London. At the station Billy begs her to reconsider but she refuses and leaves. He bounces back and tells the Walkers he's returning to London too.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Last appearance of Billy Walker until 25th December 1963.
- TV Times synopsis: The irresistible force meets the immovable object and battle is joined in the Rover's Return
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,738,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 152).
|May 1962 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|