|ITV transmission date||27th October 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||22nd October 1975|
|Next episode||29th October 1975|
Gordon Clegg returns and stays with Betty. Ena agrees to live in the Community Centre flat rent-free and to do minor work at the centre. Ken writes Annie's speech. Jerry helps Ena move into her flat. The residents plan a night out at the Gatsby Club with Gordon. Gordon gets drunk there and is taken care of by barmaid Sophie Edwards. He takes her home and tells her Betty is his mother.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Penultimate appearance of Graham Haberfield as Jerry Booth. The actor had died on 17th October 1975 but his widow, Valerie, had refused Granada's offer to edit his scenes out of this and the next episode.
- First appearance of Gordon Clegg since 17th February 1975
- TV Times synopsis: Gordon Clegg turns up - and finds a new girlfriend
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,500,000 homes (11th place).
Annie Walker: "Not taking away any praise from Kenneth for the speech he wrote me. But as Mrs Braithwaite said - and she's taken lessons in public speaking - "Material gets you to the battlefield, but delivery wins the war.""
|October 1975 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|