Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd November 1975 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||29th October 1975|
|Next episode||5th November 1975|
The residents wonder if Sophie Edwards is right and that Betty is Gordon Clegg's mother. Betty feels she can't go into work and have everyone talking about her. Annie and Bet feel sorry for Betty but Hilda thinks she ought to be ashamed. They try to pretend they don't know, for Betty's sake. Betty is upset at the pretence and leaves work. The Community Centre committee interview Ken. He doesn't want the job as he feels he's been talked into it. Alderman Chapman makes it clear he doesn't like him. Bet tells Betty she should be proud to have Gordon for a son. Betty decides it's a good thing that everyone knows. Alf tells Ken that unofficially he has the job.
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mrs. Dorothy Rankin - Julia Lang
- Alderman Chapman - Frank Crompton
- Garth - Carl Gough
- Matty - John Mirrlees
- Wayne - Steven Lawless
- TV Times synopsis: Why does Betty walk out of the Rovers? And will Ken get the new job?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,550,000 homes (7th place).
|November 1975 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|