Annie returns from visiting Billy in Jersey to discover Sean Regan, Concepta's husband is coming over. Ken doesn't know whether or not to believe Mary Broughton. Bet isn't pleased to find Sean staying at the Rovers. Frank Bradley tells Bet he wants their relationship to continue. Janice Berry tells Ken the other girls are jealous of her. Sean makes another pass at Bet. She tells him to leave her alone. Ken discovers Janice elected herself. He arranges a re-election. Sean doesn't like being rejected by Bet. Janice's supporters pressurise the kids. Sean tells Frank that Bet wants to spend the evening with him and not Frank. Frank tells Bet he'll leave her with Sean. Mary is elected youth leader and Janice, humiliated, leaves the Community Centre. Bet pretends to Sean she likes him and lets him kiss her before belting him. She tells him that she's going to write to Concepta and tell her what sort of rat she married.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Frank Bradley - Tommy Boyle
- Sean Regan - Tony Doyle
- Sandra - Elizabeth Mickery
- Mary Broughton - Michelle Dibnah
- Janice Berry - Vicky Williams
- Charlie - James Coupe
- Boy - Ronnie Bihuniak
- Girl - Lucia Fiorini
- Tommy Boyle makes the last of several pre-Phil Jennings appearances as Frank Bradley.
- No episode with the Production codes P694/1549 was ever made. As no adjacent episode to P694/1548 was directed by Richard Stroud, it is to be supposed that the episode was written but unrecorded for some unknown reason. The next episode is therefore numbered Episode 1550.
- TV Times synopsis: Who causes the break-up between Bet and Frank?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,650,000 homes (joint 11th place with Episode 1550).
|November 1975 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|