Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th June 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||30th May 1962|
|Next episode||6th June 1962|
Doreen packs in her job at a grocers on Rosamund Street and looks for more work. She refuses to return to the Rovers or Elliston's. Christine feels bored and longs for something fresh. Frank and Florrie keep their liaisons secret. Doreen and Sheila are puzzled by Christine. A boy chats her up but she acts mysteriously. Ena goes to a convalescent home in Southport. Christine tells Elsie she can't cope with any more "tomorrows".
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- First appearances of Christine Hardman, Sheila Birtles and Doreen Lostock after the Equity actors' strike (Christine had last appeared on 6th December 1961, Sheila on 11th October 1961 and Doreen on 15th November 1961).
- TV Times synopsis: Holidays are in the air - but not everyone in the Street harbours such pleasant thoughts
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,402,000 homes (1st place).
Christine Hardman: "I was born round 'ere', I live round 'ere, an' I suppose I'll die round 'ere."
|June 1962 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|