Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||19th November 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||17th November 1975|
|Next episode||24th November 1975|
Annie wonders why Sean Regan leaves in the night. Minnie hears of a young family who have lost everything in a fire. She wonders if the residents can help them. Bet tells Betty about Sean and shows her the letter she's written to Concepta. Mavis feels that Len can't look after himself and cooks him a meal. Annie refuses to believe Sean would make a pass at Bet. She calls Bet a tart and sacks her. Minnie, Hilda and Mavis plan to make cakes and sell them to raise money for the family. Len tells Annie that Bet was telling the truth. Annie apologises to Bet and explains that Concepta's happiness is important to her. Bet tears up the letter and Annie invites her to return to the Rovers. Bet isn't sure. Tricia is chatted up by two young lads - Neil Foxall and Les Grimes. Bet returns to the Rovers. Les and Neil hide in the Rovers' gents at night, waiting for everyone to leave.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, hallway and back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway and kitchen
- No episode with the Production codes P694/1549 was ever made. As no adjacent episode to P694/1548 was directed by Richard Stroud, it is to be supposed that 1549 was written but unrecorded for some unknown reason.
- TV Times synopsis: Why does Annie give Bet the sack?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,650,000 homes (joint 11th place with Episode 1548).
|November 1975 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|